- What Is Marketing for Channel Partners?
- Demonstrably [align] your financial interests with theirs. Do this by proactively instilling them with confidence about your products, thereby reducing their fear of financial loss from using their assets to sell your products.
- Your main assets should consist of winning products with great profit potential, skilled management and first-rate support programs that ensure your channel partners are well-prepared to fight the good fight on your behalf.
- Effective marketing support for most industries usually includes world-class training, practical and effective sales collateral and incentive programs and generous contributions to local market advertising efforts.
- Channel sales reps do not have the same access to sales aids as company reps. These reps need all the training and help you can provide including comparative competitive information, testimonials and “how-to” selling videos, webinars and scripts. Be generous with sales collateral and point-of-sale material.
- Big Data in the Channel: An Untapped Growth Opportunity?
- Data gaps and quality issues have stymied channel managers for decades.
- Recent technology innovations are breaking down the barriers that prevented IT providers from gleaning insight from their mountains of channel data. New data management and business intelligence tools make it easier to aggregate and analyze channel data