Tips To Help Your Company Work On Health And Wellness – April 2014
Since the quest for wellness never stops, neither do the tips for it. We recommend having an employee wellness program in place because rewards make being healthy and making smarter, healthier choices that much more rewarding.
Here are this month’s tips to help your company work on wellness:
- Pamphlets – This one may sound a bit silly. But find and post pamphlets that share health and wellness information where employees and customer alike can find them. Be sure that the pamphlets you get aren’t just generic fodder, but offer solid tips, recipes, health info, etc.
- Healthy Blue Links – Share links to health resources on your company’s website or intranet. Many people don’t make healthy choices simply because they don’t know how. Giving your employees every resource they need to take these steps will help them and you.
- Have A Benefits Fair – Host an “event” where your employees can actively learn about their different insurance plans available to them. Speaking from experience, I can assure you that many people consider insurance and benefits packages to be written in some other language. Having people onsite to explain the benefits and how all of that stuff works is very helpful for all employees.
- Healthy Lunches – Host lunches where you supply healthy lunch choices, and teach your employees how to make healthy lunch options. You can consult a nutritionist for a generalized suggested meal plan and then make it available on your company’s intranet for all to access.
- Wellness Library – Get a bookshelf and fill it with health magazines, books, DVD’s, P90X, whatever. Just give your employees different avenues to discover how to be healthy. Every little bit counts.
As always, we recommend effecting change in your workplace’s wellness by implementing a corporate wellness program. If you’d like to learn more about how an employee wellness program could make your workplace a healthier one, call us today at 1-800-844-5000.
2299 Perimeter Park Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341